Friday, November 6, 2009

36 weeks

We had a Bito doctor appt on Thursday morning! Some Highlights from the appointment!

  • He's head down (I could've told her that- he's been that way for ~3wks now- his kick placement changed from my bladder to my ribs!)
  • His heartbeat in the 130's (he's always slower in the mornings unless I drink oj- which maybe that means he'll be a slow-waker-upper like B and I!) :)
  • The super exciting news: we're already dilated 1-2 cm!!! Like my cousin said (she's a labor and delivery nurse) "The more work you do now, the less you'll have to do later." To which I reply, "AMEN, Sister!"
  • And in other news: I had a little protien and white blood cells in my urine sample this morning, so I had to have a urinalysis done to look for preeclampsia. But, no swelling in the hands/feet, and my blood pressure is 120/78 which is in the "good" and "normal" range, but is still a little high for me (I'm usually 110/60 to 65) I'm not worried at all- the same thing happened around 37 weeks with B (although my feet were swelling last June/July!) and it turned out to be nothing.
  • I'm officially not supposed to travel anywhere that will take over an hour to get the hospital. So, no cross country trip for me this next month!

I guess it's time to start packing a hospital bag, or at least make a list of what to pack in the hospital bag! Also on the To Do List: preregister at the hospital. I know my ob has those forms at her office, I just have to remember to ask for them next week!

The bassinet has been washed/assembled, a few loads of baby boy laundry have been done. I know he needs to "bake" for at least a week longer to be officially full term, but anytime after
that I am READY!!! Can you tell I haven't been sleeping well this past week?!?! It's not going to take too much longer before it gets to, "I'd rather have a newborn than be pregnant any longer!" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment